Sunday, September 18, 2011

Some Thoughts to Update

It's been awhile since I've posted so I figured I should probably come say hi, eh?  Hi!
Now that THAT'S out of the way... hahaha. (Kidding.)
Anyway, I've had a few things floating around in my head that I just... kinda feel like sharing.

For example.  I'm probably going to make an ass of myself right now, but I really feel like this needs to be said.
You know those "suicide walks" that people do? Where they walk a 5K or whatever and feel like they're doing something to prevent future suicides or raise awareness or something?  I have a few thoughts.
A.) You are aware that a teenager considering suicide isn't going to give a shit that you walked a 5K in the name of prevention...right?  Because it's not like you did anything for him/her.  You walked. Good for you.  How does that address their psychological issues in any way whatsoever?  Really.
B.)  Think about who you're walking for.  Now think about what their personality was like.  Now think about their most plausible reaction to your walking a 5K in their memory.  No, my brother was not "with you in spirit."  He was rolling his eyes at you and telling you that you're being stupid.  Because that's how he was; I'm sorry if you chose to carefully forget that part, but you're doing more of a disservice to his memory by negating parts of him than you think I am by remembering the less-shiny parts.

On a completely different note, my dad keeps asking me every time he sees me if I've been to a party yet and when I'm gonna start.  And it's making me feel extremely lame.  Simultaneously, I have multiple people vying for my attention at many given points and I just don't know how to handle that.  Like, I've never had to deal with that so I don't particularly know how to.  Last night I had to go to a concert and had 4 people expecting me to sit with them.  So I made them all sit together and I sat in the middle.  That doesn't happen to me.  I'm definitely not complaining. It's kind of nice for once.  But I won't lie that I'm kind of confused.  When and how did I suddenly become not a totally obnoxious dweeb?
Maybe when I left high school.  I knew college would be better.

Homework is getting in the way of my attempt to develop a social life.  I keep having to tell people I can't do stuff because I have work to do.  That sucks!  I haven't had a life up until now and now that I have an opportunity to have one, guess who doesn't have time.  Oh well. I've been working on this really excellent procrastination system that's been working pretty well.  I don't have to get up before 10 am 4 out of 5 days of the week.  So that's nice.
I'm also writing for the campus newspaper.  You know, I thought that I could write before.  When I write articles for this paper, I feel like a n00b.  Like, I feel like the articles I've written are terrible.  My editor tells me they're great, but I think he's just being nice to me.  Because I'm almost embarrassed by them.  I really wish I'd have actually learned anything in high school English classes; that would've been nice.

One of my instructors just decided that I should be taking private lessons for my flute since I'm actually good at it.  I'm not going to be overly humble about that because it's one of the few things that I recognize my ability to do well.  I'm not amazing, but I'm good.  And he decided I should take private lessons and be better.  But it's another $150 for this semester.  I didn't particularly want to take private lessons this semester, though I won't really complain because I love my flute and band isn't really enough playing for me.  Even still... lessons?  I'm not even a music major!

I took my Canadian roommate to Coldstone Creamery today in the mall and we discovered that we get student discounts there.  That could be a problem in the future, no lie. hahaha.  But I kinda went all out with a dipped waffle bowl and everything.  Twas excellent.  And by the time I got back to my dorm room, I was in an amazing mood.  It's crazy what ice cream can do.
I've come to the conclusion that I need copious amounts of dairy in my diet because without it, my digestive tract gets all screwed up and I start getting sick all the time.  Also, I become easily depressed and am generally slightly sad.  I've noticed that over the ages.  So I try to keep dairy in my life.  That's why I could never be a vegan.  I'd probably die. hahaha

It's a quarter to three in the morning, and I am bloody exhausted.  Like, fo' realz.  So I'm going to go to bed now.  I'll catch you at a later date--hopefully not too much later. I think I have other stuff to talk about.
I might do a couple movie reviews tomorrow. =]  We shall see.  I have a Spanish project I need to actually finish, even though I doubt I'll present until Wednesday.  About the time I count on that I'll be asked to Monday. hahaha.  So. I'm out.

Ta ta
--Emily Renae

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say about this? Say it!