Friday, December 23, 2011

Jewelry

If you've been around, you'll have seen the last post I made about my beadwork.  I posted pictures and all that mumbo jumbo.  It's great fun, beading, though it's getting kind of... or, well, very? expensive.  We'll just go with an adverb-less 'expensive.'  Beads are expensive, wire is expensive, findings are expensive, tools are expensive. Well, crochet hooks aren't that expensive, but nevertheless.  It's not a cheap hobby.  (Are they ever?)

Anyway.  I've been making a whole buncha stuff for Christmas gifts.  And I just feel like displaying them.  Because they really are really cool.  And I'm sorta kinda considering making it a little side-business/project.  Selling them and all that.  The only thing is that it ends up being really time consuming and I'm not 100% sure how much I'd have to actually charge for them... I mean, I have an idea, I guess, but... shrug.  And I fear the potential level of demand.  I gave one to my cousin for her birthday and sold one to her best friend and they already have a huge group of people that want one.  It's a lot to attempt to keep up with.  Plus, sometimes I feel like there's a cap on my creativity.  Whatever.

Anyway.  So this is what I've got for you today. (=

I inset an image of the beadwork/weave/whatever-you-wanna-call-it in the middle, just so you can get kind of a concept of what it looks like. (=

It's pretty cool.  I'm really a fan.  I'm going to make more for me, too, but right now I'm a bit preoccupied making gifts.

Oh! And then the lady that works with the Minot Council of the Arts, Terri Aldrich, decided that she liked my necklaces and wants me to set up a booth at Arts in the Parks this summer.  I kind of want to do it, I think, but I don't know if I'll be able to make that dang many pieces!  Though... yeah, I probably can, I guess. hahaha.  It's just a lot of expense for potential profit quite a ways out.

Look at me, thinking like a businesswoman.  Jeez. hahahaha.

Moving along.

I put an inset of the one side of the center bead as well, just cause it looks cool and is kinda sorta intricate.
I'm just playin' with picnik--leave me alone!

A) I didn't do a spectacular job on the inset on this one. Sorry. My bad.
B) If you think it looks thicker than the others, you're right.  It is.  I used 4 strands on this one instead of the usual 3.  And I kind of like it.  Even though it was such a pain in the ass I very much doubt I'll do it much. hahaha



























This last one I think I'm keeping.  I MIGHT give it to my sister-in-law, but it's hard to say right now.  I have yet to decide.  Hell, I don't even know if she'd actually like it.  But we'll see.  I like it, and that's enough motivation just to keep it.
I wanted to keep most of the ones that I've been making lately. hahaha.  My grandma just told me she wants me to do commission work, hahahaha.  Which I can handle.  If she's going to pay me to make something she wants, hellz yes.

Anyway.  That's what I have for you today. (=

Ta ta!
--Emily Renae

P.S.--Merry Christmas.  Since that's like, tomorrow/Sunday and all. (=

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say about this? Say it!