Tuesday, November 24, 2009

2 In a Day! Can You Believe It?

Yeah, so this is technically my free hour, only we don't have open campus so I'm stuck here.  It's okay, though.  I need the time to practice my flute solo for my all-state band audition--speaking of which, I need to find a vocal solo as well.  But I'm more concerned with my flute, because I already know for a fact that I won't be able to get into the choir.  There's not even a possibility for me.  I'd have to sing like Anika Leith, and that's just not possible.  Oh well.  C'est la vi.  (Such is life, for those of you who don't speak French.)

So my solo is in D Major, which, for a C instrument--like my flute and the tuba, I believe--has 2 sharps: F# and C#.  I don't like sharps.  I don't like them at all.  But I like the sound of the song... and I know I can play it if I practice enough.  I've already got the majority of it.  Well, the first half of it.  I can't play it too fast or anything, and I definitely still have flubs, but I'm still working on it.  I'm doing quite well for the amount that I've worked on it.  I'm not as good of a flute player as everyone makes me out to be, but I am pretty good.  I won't lie or be too modest here.  I play fairly well.  Anyway, the song is Polonaise and Badinerie by Bach.  I quite like it, actually.  I'm only playing Polonaise for my audition.  There's no way in hell I could play both for my audition.  It's too long anyway.  I'm going to try to for regional band in March (?) though.  I'll do my best... I may have to just play Polonaise though... I wonder if I can do that...?  I'll have to ask my instructor.  I'm pretty excited that I've got it going, though.  This is the song for anyone curious:
Polonaise and Badinerie--Bach
Wish me luck!

Until next time, With love,
--Emily
~xoxo~

"Save your heart for someone that's worth dying for--don't give it away."
--Save Your Heart: Mayday Parade

Post Playlist (still my music):
Lips Like Morphine--Kill Hannah (Until There's Nothing Left of Us)
Save Your Heart--Mayday Parade (Anywhere But Here)
Doctor--Cute is What We Aim For (Take Action! Vol. VIII)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say about this? Say it!