Sunday, April 24, 2011

It's Easter

Which therefore makes it a weekend, and totally out of my regular posting activity, but considering I haven't posted anything in bloody ages, I figured it was high time.

So in regard to music, I've got an artist I care to discuss.  I'm positive I've listened to her before because I know she sounds extraordinarily familiar, but I've just recently gotten really into her music.  "Just recently" as in this afternoon. hahaha.  Her name is Kerli.

 She really is quite beautiful, actually.  I'm thoroughly impressed with her.

Also, she's the only chick I've ever seen that can make me appreciate a librae piercing.  (Let me exchange 'chick' for 'individual' because I rarely like them on anyone.)  But on her it looks good.
 This is a screen shot from her "Walking on Air" video.  It's a really, really strange song and an even stranger video, but somehow it totally just fits her.  It's worth a listen.  If you're into eclectic stuff, anyway.  Keep an open mind.
This another screenshot, but from "Army of Love".  she's done up kinda like an elf.  It looks good on her, actually.

Quite frankly, she's one of those girls that can pretty much get away with whatever the hell she wants to simply because she's gorgeous already.

Apparently people have been comparing her to Lady Gaga, which is kinda dumb, because A) Kerli's been out years longer than Gaga has, B) their music is galaxies different (worlds jsut didn't cover it), and C) they look nothing alike.  Lady Gaga shows up in....wombs... Kerli shows up in these really adorable, eclectic tutu dresses. hehe. Not always.  But either way, I think she's much cuter than Gaga.  Hard to say.  They have absolutely nothing to do with each other, though.  That's a definite fact.
 I'm posting "Army of Love" for you to listen to.  In case you're curious.  Because I love it.  So give her a try.  What are you out if you don't like it?


So there's this band that I saw in Minot a couple of years ago at a free benefit concert called Rock the Leaves--I don't know if I've ever discussed this before--and they're a Christian rock outfit from Minneapolis, MN called Hyland.  And I kinda fell in love with them back then.  I just did some catching up via Myspace today, and found out that they're signed to Tooth & Nail and have an album coming out this spring.  This is exciting!!  Even though I totally haven't talked to them in absolutely ages.  Ah well.  The side-effects of stardom, eh?  No big.
I'll post a Hyland video too.  This band is far, far less eclectic than Kerli.  They're on--again--completely different galaxies.  This is "This Love is Free"
By the way, I really love these guys.  They made such an impact on my life back then.  I can't even explain to you what they really meant to me.



Hmmmmmmm..... what else have I got.... Oh. Just a whole slew of books to talk about.  But we'll wait until after I've slept to get into all that.
Also, I feel as though I must discuss a Facebook photo challenge I've just taken on.  Don't let me forget.
Kay thanks. (=

Love always,
<3 Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say about this? Say it!