Thursday, June 2, 2011

Radio

I just started a new job at one of the convenience stores in town, and they have a boombox through which they play the radio in the store because the stereo system is down.  As if it weren't bad enough, it's on the country station.  I don't like country to begin with, and this dumb station only plays 13 songs with the occasional relief song.

Quite frankly, if I may have liked any of these artists even a little beforehand, I definitely don't like them now.
Taylor Swift, for example.  Put out a few good songs.  I didn't mind her so bad.  I could handle a Swift song here and there. But I have had to listen to "Mean" 4 times every single freaking day all freaking week, and I'm about ready to strangle somebody.  I came up with at least 2 violent parodies (toward the boombox; neither end well for the poor thing) to the chorus yesterday.
As if Mean four times a day weren't enough, they play this really really awful song that I think is probably called "Country Girls Shake it For Me" but I don't even give a shit what it's title is the song is so goddamn bad.  I HATE that song.  You can't even fathom the extent to which I hate that song.  It makes me embarrassed to live outside of a city, almost.  It's... just... bad.  It's just bad, okay?

A couple of the songs that play aren't so bad.  But, go figure, they're the ones that only play twice--maybe 3 times--a day.  And I don't even know what they are.  I don't do country music to begin with.  The radio is all that makes work slightly agonizing.  I have to be there at 6:30 every day and the radio is what makes work agonizing.  How pathetic is that?

And then there's some song where she's like "I showed my daddy my tattoo and he cried but said he loves me anyway" and it's like.. what??  Jesus Christ, woman.  I don't even know.  I just don't get country music.  It's not all bad.  Really. I know that.  But I am past sick of it.

Granted, listening to one of the pop stations really wouldn't be a whole lot better, because they play 26 pop songs all day long every day.  But at least they break up the regulars with old stuff and requests and less obnoxious commercials and have MUCH less obnoxious DJs.  Uggghhhh.

So basically, my point is that even though sometimes radio can make an artist... they can do a really damn good job of breaking one, too.  I don't know if I'll ever really be able to listen to T Swift again.  Not without practically hating her, anyway. hahahaha.  For one agonizing summer job.  Oh boy.

So that's all I've got for the day.  I know I haven't been talking about anything in my original plan, and I'm sorry that I've been actually going on about my own life lately, but I'll get back into my routine.  This happens when life drastically changes for me.  Oh well.

Ta ta.

--Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say about this? Say it!