Monday, May 30, 2011

Weeeeellllll......

Yes... it's been...awhile... heh heh... Sorry.

Anyway.  It's technically still Monday, sooooo let's hit up mah music scene, shall we?  Awesome.  Let's hit it.

I--go figure--bought some more CDs the other day.  Start from the top:

Lady Gaga: Born This Way

Okay.  I really don't feel the need to defend my musical interests.  They are eclectic, out there, weird, random, fun, dark, interesting, this way and that way, and in general just all over the place.  I like what I like and that's just all there is to it.  And I like Lady Gaga... most of the time.
Tangent: My mom really hates the woman.  And it's really annoying because she keeps announcing how she doesn't have any talent and her only claim to fame is her bizarro fashion and the fact that she dances around in her underwear all the time and regularly forgets to wear pants.  Now, don't get me wrong, she's right on all counts but the first one.  Even my dad agrees that Gaga has talent.  I like her music--and so does he, interestingly enough--so it's kind of annoying to me when people just announce that artists they aren't fond of don't have talent...just because they don't like them.  I mean, sure, there are individuals who have no talent--*coughcoughRebeccaBlackcoughcoughcough*--but just because you might not like what they have to offer doesn't necessarily mean they suck. >>End Tangent>>

This album is interesting.  "I am my hair."  "I don't speak German but I can if you want me to."  "*insert random Spanish and something about Americano*" ...Remember when I said I like Lady Gaga?  Well... I do, I really do... But jeez, woman.

I posted on Facebook that I think she's having an identity crisis.  She's a stalker in Paparazzi, Italian in Alejandro, Mexican in Americano, German for Scheiße, a...whore in LoveGame... and I don't even know what she was going for in Telephone... (especially after watching the video. Oi.) Figure it out, Lady!!  But she probably can't really help it.  After all, she was "born this way." ;)


Kay, so maybe that wasn't very nice.  But she's so easy to make fun of.  And I already did state twice that I like her.  And I really do, but what good is someone if you can't poke a little fun at them, right? Exactly.


The album is worth a listen.  I'll give it that.  It's progressive.  It's fun and interesting.  It's music you can dance to in your room or your car, sing to when nobody else might be looking--or hell, in front of a crowd if you want.  But it's more Gaga.  She kinda defined her style with album one and even though she's been growing and changing and all, her sound is still there.  It's still Gaga.


Next!


The Afters: Light Up the Sky


This is Christian band that one of my friends introduced me to ages ago with a song called "Myspace Girl" I think.  It was cute.  Anyway.


I basically bought this album because of the title track.  It played on my Pandora.com station and I really loved it, soooo I bought more. (=


They're a really nice, Christian alternative pop band.  (More pop than alternative, but nevertheless.)  If you like fun, totally unoffensive (guaranteed) music, then The Afters are for you.  I like them.  It's good feel-good music. (=


Lastlyyyyyy!


Hyland: Weights and Measures


I'm pretty sure I brought up this band about a month or two ago when I was talking about local bands that had been signed and I was all excited.


It's a really, really good album.  It was $9 at Wal-Mart, and I totally suggest that you go buy it.  They're a group of really great guys and their music is inspiring, uplifting, easy on the ears, and kinda just makes you feel good.  They're Christian (and not Jesus freaks, which is nice) and they have (obviously) good messages.  They're never offensive or all up in your face about God, even when they're actively singing about Him and His grace and all.  I really like them, and their music, and I'm extremely proud of them like you wouldn't believe.  They've worked really hard to get this far and it definitely shows in this album. (=  Give it a listen.  Trust me.


Uhmmmmmmmmmmm... yeah.


So I graduated yesterday, in other news.  =D WHOOOO!!!  But for real, it's kind of exciting.  I made a butt-load of money--but I'm not saying how much cause that's not cool.  I have a zillion thank-yous to send which is going to be a total groaner job, but what can you do?  Exactly.  And I really am appreciative, don't get me wrong.  Yesterday was a really good day for me.
I only cried once during the ceremony, and it wasn't even anythign to do with graduation.  We play a slideshow of pictures--baby/toddler and family and stuff--during graduation of each of the seniors and when my pictures came up, I looked at my late little brother and I lost it.  I regained control of myself after a couple of minutes, but it hurt.  It still does hurt.  So that was the only not-cool part about graduation and everything.  I didn't get to share it with one of the people I loved the most.


But what can you do?  Life goes on, even when it ends and leaves a tear in vital places.  That's the hard part: learning how to live around the tear in your life.


Anyway.
It didn't even occur to me until after the ceremony and most everyone had already left that that had been it.  I was probably never going to see most of those people again--especially not all at once.  I wasn't going to get to have math classes with the same 6 people I've had math with for the past 2 years.  I'm not going to have to teach my best friend why you can "just switch variables like that" ever again.  I'm never going to get to roll my eyes at the sarcasm spewing forth from so many of my classmates again.  And though these are all things that I will miss, I'm not sad.  I've been ready to be done for awhile.  It's time for me to take control of my own life and I'm ready for that.  It'll be a little bit scary at times, I'm sure, trying to figure out just where the hell I'm going next, but it's time.  I'd be lying if I said I wasn't experiencing a little trepidation--I love that word, by the way (just saying)--about all of this, but I'd also be lying if I said I wasn't entirely pumped by the prospect.  Because I'm both.  I'm a sea of conflicting emotions right now.  Welcome to my life.


Anyway... yeah.  I think I'm gonna call her a night now.  I start my job at 6:30 tomorrow morning--which is great...--so I need to get some sleep.  Someone make sure I post tomorrow, would you?  Kay thanks.

With love,
--Emily Renae <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say about this? Say it!