Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Moooooorrrrrrre Music!

Because I have this really terrible habit of going out and buying CDs, I have another like, 12 albums to review with you!  I didn't buy all 12 I promise.  Two of them I borrowed from a friend.  (A very cute friend, I might add. lol)  And I very much doubt that I'm going to put them all in this post because that would take far too long and I really want to get this post out ASAP just simply because there's a lot of stuff going on in my life and it's a pain in the arse (not too sure how I really feel about that word, really... on some levels it irritates me, but I'm trying to use it here and there to get used to it and see what happens.  I still don't think I'm going to like it though) to keep up with it all and this.  Which is why, up until I posted my comp paper, I hadn't posted in over a month.  Whoops.  Sorry!

So.  Let's begin, shall we?
Hold On Til the Night: Greyson Chance

Okay. Do not judge me.  I love Greyson.  He's such a cutie and he has a lot of talent.  Way more than Bieber, if you ask me.

He's like, 13!  Absolutely adorable small child. haha.  He makes my day.  I'm practically obsessed with "Unfriend You" right now, which is probs silly but I love it anyway.
He has a really good voice, and he's very good on the piano.  If you haven't seen it, you ought to YouTube his cover of "Paparazzi" by Lady Gaga.  I almost like him better. hahaha Almost.
It's relatively poppy, but go figure, you know?  I still enjoy it.  He's kind of my hero.
Okay, so maybe not really.  But even still, I listen to him a lot. 
I quoted one of his songs online one time and some guy told me to get a life.  No shame, y'all.  No shame. hahaha

I have a habit of bringing up an album and then not actually talking about it, don't I?  My bad.  It's a pop album.  What do you expect?  Mostly love songs, but they aren't like, totally serious.  They're just a lot of fun.    They aren't hardcore "I need you to live" "My life belongs to you" "I can't go on without you" kind of love songs.  They're just... They're the kinds of songs a 13-year-old would write.  Not to say they're 'typical,' exactly, but in a way, yes.  He's exceptionally talented; that's all I can really say.

Who You Are: Jessie J

British hip-hop/pop/R&B/rock artist and I totally love her.  She had a song that was all over the radio for awhile a few months ago--"Pricetag" featuring B.O.B.--and I really liked it.  My roommate played "Do It Like a Dude" in the car a few weeks ago and I was instantly all over this.  It's a really great album.  She's super gorgeous and has a bomb voice.  Plus I love her accent, hahaha.

Her music has a lot of attitude.  But not in a way that makes her seem/sound bitchy, just strong-willed.  It's not all that way, of course, but the majority of it is fast, fun, and spunky, for lack of a better term.

She has a gold pattern in her lipstick there.  I love it.  I would like to know how precisely they do that stuff.  I almost feel like that was a design they pressed on, though... Hard to say.

NEEEEEXT!
Future History: Jason Derulo

It really bothered me that he stole the chorus of Africa by Toto.  Like, for real, write your own damn songs.

Aside from that, it's a pretty decent album.  More Jason Derulo. hahaha.  He's one of those guys that established a sound and does well to stick with it.  He's established himself a niche with his sound, and he would be very smart to stay there. haha.
So it's a good album if you like the guy. I do.  Aside from the fact that he seems to need to put his name into every single song at least once. That's getting old.  Oh wellz, I guess.

Moving along.

 Grace Potter & The Nocturnals: Grace Potter & The Nocturnals

Self-titled album (no shit, Sherlock).  Band with a crazy long name.  Why would you do that?  Whatever. haha.

Grace Potter is kind of an alternative-folk band, really.  That's the best categorization I have to give it.  alt-folk/pop-rock.  They've got some spunk to 'em.  I like this album, even though it's not what I was expecting, nor is it the kind of music I listen to on a very regular basis.  I review all kinds of weird random music, but I don't do much for folk music, and there's a reason for that. hahaha.  It's not that I don't like it, because I do, but it's the kind of stuff that I will generally skip past, I guess.  Oh well.

Paris (Ooh La La) is actually really... unlike the rest of the album, and that's part of why I wasn't expecting what I heard when I listened to it.  (For anyone that read that and has no idea what it meant, the song was played on the radio constantly for awhile. It's probably still played periodically, but I don't listen to the radio so I wouldn't really know.)

Sanctus Real: Pieces of a Real Heart

This is a Christian soft-rock/alt-pop band.  And I rather like them, in the way that I like most Christian music.  Their lyrics are nice and inoffensive, relatively soft.

I don't know.  They're a Christian band.  They came up on one of my Pandora stations. And I like them.  I don't think I really have anything to say about this album.

Half the time I feel like I just put albums in this blog "to review" as in to inform you that I have it.  Which is stupid, I know, but I can't really figure out why the heck else I might do it.


Sum 41: Screaming Bloody Murder

How many ways can you spell angst?

This is a very unhappy album.  The vocalist and Avril Lavigne were married briefly and then got divorced and it really wasn't like, the 'celebrity divorce of the century' like Kim Kardashian's pathetic publicity stunt, but nevertheless.  The question really was who divorced who.  I'm sure they'd say it was mutual, but music doesn't lie.

Avril has some pretty sad songs on her album. Considering her ex-husband did a lot of the production of it, I can imagine that being very awkward.
Sum 41's album is very dark, and very, very unhappy.  Once I listened to this album, it was relatively apparent that she divorced him.  (According to my roommate, he's a cheating skank who apparently deserved it, but I'm not going to get into it because I really don't know and it's not my or your business.  Plus it's somewhat irrelevant.)  But you can definitely tell in this album that he's not really okay with the break-up.  It's probably complicated.  When is it ever anything but?



Before this post gets obscenely long or something, I'ma stop.  I have like, 6 more albums to go through with you as well as at least 3 or 4 books, but we'll do that another day.  Hopefully this weekend, since I didn't get any out after my paper LAST weekend.  This is getting ridiculous.  I always have somethign else I need to be doing that isn't what I already AM doing.
Right now, for instance, I should be either napping, eating, packing, or cleaning.  But I am doing none of the above because I dubbed this more important.  Weird. lol.

Ta ta!

--Emily Renae <3

P.S.--Happy Thanksgiving!
And don't call it "Turkey Day" because that's bloody stupid and gets on my nerves.  Thanksgiving isn't even a religious holiday; don't start making up dumb-ass names for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say about this? Say it!