Friday, February 11, 2011

This Week

Okay, so I didn't really post anything the last two days because I was sick, which is a pretty poor excuse if you think about it, but it's the one I'm going to go with.  Basically I just wasn't in the mood for it. Because I've been sick.  I'm still sick, I'm just bothering today. haha.
Anyway!  On with the day.

Apparently, some Indonesian guy went wildlife shopping in Thailand and got caught at the airport with a wide variety of animals in his 3 checked bags.  What surprised authorities was not so much that he was trying to smuggle the wildlife, but that he was so stupid about it.  Usually people will, for instance, tape up turtles to keep them from moving.  I'm going to put the link up, but I really just want to include this list (of animals he tried to smuggle) because of how terribly ridiculous it really is:
88 Indian Star tortoises               34 ball pythons
33 elongated tortoises               22 common squirrels
19 bearded dragons               18 baboon spiders
7 radiated tortoises               6 Argentine horned frogs
6 mata mata turtles               4 spiny tailed lizards
4 striped narrow-headed turtles               3 aldabra tortoises
2 boa constrictors               2 Sudan plated lizards
2 corn snakes               2 king snakes
1 ploughshare tortoise (world's rarest turtle)               1 pig-nosed turtle
1 African gray parrot               1 milk snake
1 hog nosed snake

Isn't that absolutely ridiculous?  My gosh!  Apparently he bought a bunch of them from this black market which is, ironically enough, just down the street from both Wildlife Protection and Nature Crime Police Offices.  Go figure.
Here's the link, if you want to read it yourself: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41512490/ns/world_news-world_environment/

In Florida (Fort Myers Beach), some guy went into a strip club and asked for a lap dance, and then proceeded to steal the chick's garter belt with $314 in it.  She apparently had counted it after paying her manager the house fee.  Now, at that point, why wouldn't you just put it in your purse or your stuff or whatever before you go to do your last lap dance?  What. The hell.  I don't know.
Anyway, what's even dumber about this story is that he stole from a chick that had given him a ride home before, so she knew where he lived.  What kind of idiot...?  That one, apparently.  Wow.  He's been arrested, by the way.  I don't know what kind of charges he's going to get though, so if you care watch. haha.


Well, I was going to cover more stories than that but I'm not finding anything actually amusing.  "Polite" robber was arrested; some professor at some random college was arrested for peeing on a colleague's doorstep.  Random stuff like that.  Nothing overly spectacular, or I'd probaly talk about it.

Ta ta!
--Emily Renae

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say about this? Say it!