Wednesday, February 23, 2011

After Tuesday...

Even the calendar says WTF.  hahaha.  I like that joke.  Namely because life is totally strange-o these days.  You know how it gets.  I only have 12 weeks of high school left.  It's hard to comprehend.  It's totally exciting, but... weird.  Also, my school has just adopted this new anti-bullying program that totally fucks up our Monday schedule, and I don't like it.  I mean, I agree with its message I guess, but I just think that the way they're carrying it out is being anti-productive.  It's not to get students not to bully, it's to teach others how to step in and try to stop it.  Good idea, but the way that it's being worked with is probably not going to do anything.  At least not yet.  As seniors, we aren't doing much with it because they've decided we're already a lost cause to "look the other way" and whatever, and in part they're probably right; I won't complain though because the last thing I want to start out my week with is anti-bullying training.

Anyway. According to schedule, today is Pick-Up Line Evaluation Day.  So today's pick-up line is:
You know what? Your eyes are the same color as my Porsche.

Why this wouldn't work, at least on me:
First off, they don't make Porsches both aqua and amber.  They just don't.  Maybe the interior could be amber, but still.  It's not likely.
Second, this pick-up line totally suggests that I'm so shallow and material that I would go out with a guy simply because he has money.  That's vaguely insulting.  Also, it clearly suggests that you're looking for a shallow/material girl, which means that you're not likely to be looking for a long-term relationship, but a fling, and that's not what I'm after.
Among other things, (not that this has much of anything to do with the line; I'm just saying), I do actually have a rich guy friend that would be perfectly content to use his money and expensive cars to buy my affection.  He tried, actually.  Unfortunately (for him more than me, maybe) I wasn't really that into him.  I can't just go out with a guy that annoys the crap out of me because he can buy me nice stuff.  Not that this guy "annoys the crap out of me" but there are definitely some key things I can't really put up with.  But that's beside the point.

I would do another, but I really feel like doing something else.  So I'll just do one this week.  Maybe next week I'll do a few to make up for my laziness.  Who knows.
Anyway, so that's all I've got.

Ta ta!
--Emily <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say about this? Say it!