Thursday, October 29, 2009

Kay. Wednesday!

Wednesday is books, right?  Yeah, I think so.  It's not like it really matters.  But I'll try to stick with a routine here...  Anyway

I just read this book called "Going Too Far" by Jennifer Echols.


It's about this girl who ends up having to spend her spring break riding around in a cop car overnight and then work the following morning at her parents' diner.  The entire book takes place over a week and maybe a couple of days--just before spring break when she and her friends are arrested for underage drinking (and in her and her boyfriend's cases, being high as well) in a restricted area.  It's an emotional rollercoaster of a book, but it's truly amazing, and it's inspiring.  There are a couple of turns in it that I seriously did not expect, but that made it better.  I almost cried once, so... It's a really good book.  And seriously, look at that cover.  Is that not fucking sexy?  Gah! It is, for your information, if you hadn't figured that out yet.  That chin belongs to the really sexy cop, by the way, just in case you were wondering.  The other face is hers.  =]  It's a really really really good book.  I intend to go buy it now, just to have it.  Because I want to reread it now.  Hahaha.


Aside from that, I'm reading the second book in the "Confessions of Georgia Nicolson" series, "On The Bright Side, I'm Now the Girlfriend of a Sex God"
Boy is that a mouthful.


It's just continuation of her journals and the story of her life.  Keep in mind that she's only 14, so "sex god" only means he's really hot. haha.  Just looking at that back, I don't know that I can really agree with her.  I mean, yeah, he's got nice shoulders, but... Maybe he has a really nice chest or something.  Haha.  ANYWAY, she has to go to New Zealand for a week over the summer, and she's all depressed because, well, look at the title, will you?  I don't know a whole lot about the book because I'm not very far into it yet.  Supposedly though, I think according to the back of the book but don't quote me on this, he breaks up with her because she's too young, though...sooooo.....yeah.  Depressing day, man.  But the next few books apparently make up for it.  She's a little bit of a vixen in the future from what I've gathered.  Hahaha.  But who knows?  I'll keep you updated as I get to it.

Other than that, I'm not reading much... Actually, I'm really not reading much of anything at all.
However, in my English class, we're doing a "short" poetry unit and we just read one by E. E. Cummings, and I decided that I really like him.  I'm going to post one here.  It's not the one we read, but that hardly matters.  =]

since feeling is first
E. E. Cummings

since feeling is first
who pays any attention
to the syntax of things
will never wholly kiss you

wholly to be a fool
while Spring is in the world
my blood approves,
and kisses are a better fate
than wisdom
lady i swear by all flowers.  Don't cry
--the best gesture of my brain is less than
your eyelids' flutter which says

we are for each other: then
laugh, leaning back in my arms
for life's not a paragraph

And i think death is no parenthesis


He seriously didn't capitalize "I" or anything.  I wrote it as he did.  I just really love it.  It says something interesting, and it's probably different for each person, so I'm just going to let you think your thoughts on it and keep mine to myself for now.  =)

Until next time, with love,
--Emily
~xoxo~

Post Playlist (yay http://www.pandora.com/):
West Coast Friendship--Owl City (Maybe I'm Dreaming)
Did You Get My Message?--Jason Mraz (Mr. A-Z)
Stay Young--We The Kings (We The Kings)
I Hate to Say "I Told You So"--The Prize Fight (The Process EP)
Someday You Will be Loved--Death Cab for Cutie (Plans)
The Fortunate--Cartel (Cartel)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say about this? Say it!