Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Wednesday!

¡Buenas tardes!  ¿Cómo estas?  ¡Muy bien!  ¿Y tú?
Okay, I'm done now.  Sorry for the Spanish.  I'm taking Spanish I this year and, strangely enough, I'm actually really enjoying it.  I figure it must stem from my love of language; I guess that it doesn't just include English.  Haha.  I'm good at language(s).
Anyway.  I believe Wednesday's topic is books, and even if it's not--which I know it is because I remember the last time I posted on Wednesday--I'm gonna talk about books anyway.  So there.  Stick that in your juice box and suck it.
So I went shopping Monday night and I was going to order the next book in the series I've been reading, and the guy types it into his computer and goes "Seventh book?"
"Um, yeah, I think so."
"Looks like this?"  He turns his computer and shows me a very provocative book cover, rather indicative of Hamilton's story line--and obviously what I was looking for.
"Yeah, that one," I confirmed with a nod.
"It's not published yet."
I was devastated.  It was tragic.  Anybody who doesn't read books like I do wouldn't understand, but it was truly tragic.  November 20th, though.  So at least it's not terribly far away.... Actually it is, but never mind.  Just means I'll actually have to read my other books, haha.

Speaking of other books, I'm reading Angus, Thongs, and Full Frontal Snogging: Confessions of Georgia Nicolson by Louise Rennison.  It's about this 14-year-old British girl and it's fricken hilarious.  It's written as a journal, and it's terribly amusing.  I've gotten to a point where I don't generally enjoy books about kids at age, like, 14....but I like this one a lot.  I don't know why; I just don't.  It's hard to explain.  It's kind of like "yeah, whatever" I think... I don't know.  There's just something about kids that age that bothers me a whole hell of a lot.  And don't roll your eyes at me, because I didn't like us when I was that age, either.  Someone's saying "wait, she didn't like herself because of her age?"  No, I didn't like myself and/or my peers because of the mentalities/states of mind that we were in because of our age.  So there.
Anyway!  About ATAFFS.  She goes to an all-girls' school and they have to wear berets--which causes some rather amusing journal entries--but anyway, as all 14-year-olds are, boys are her main focus, haha.  (I won't bother denying it.  They were mine, too.  Well, okay, not main, but they were definitely a key focus.)  And she has a totally massive bizarro cat named Angus.  haha. I know, right?  There's an amusing story with that, too.  So far, I have in my possession books 1-4, and I'm pretty excited about it.  haha.

One of my best friends also gave me My Fair Godmother by Janette Rallison to read, but I haven't started it yet.  She said it was really good though.  Despite a little cliche, which isn't always bad.

But I'm gonna conclude our book talk for today because my choir class just started and I really ought to get to that, haha.  My conductor's pretty cool, and I spent my EIE period in his office because another class was using the room. So anyway.

Until next time, With love,
--Emily
~xoxo~

Post Playlist (courtesy of http://www.pandora.com/):
Down--Something Corporate (North)
Rooftops (A Liberation Broadcast)--Lostprophets (Liberation Transmission)
The Rock Show--Blink 182 (Take Off Your Pants and Jacket [Explicit])\
Forward Motion--Reliant K (Two Lefts Don't Make a Right...But Three Do)
Memory--Sugarcult (Palm Trees and Power Lines)
Blurry--Puddle of Mudd (Come Clean)
Dance Inside--The All-American Rejects (Move Along)
You Found Me--The Fray (The Fray)
I Don't Know About You, But I Came to Party--Forever the Sickest Kids (Television Off, Party On EP)
She Is the West Coast--That Was Something (Down But Not Out)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say about this? Say it!