Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A Moment, Please?

So first off, I just kinda realized that the more time that passes the more I'm talking about myself and my life and shit in my blog... and that's basically what I have been trying NOT to do since I started writing.  So I kind of feel like I failed you guys, in a way.  Maybe not... but I still sorta feel that way.  But I guess I came to an unspoken understanding that there was no way for me to actually discuss my opinion on a book or musical album without giving at least a little insight into why I feel that way.  You know?  Giving a legitimate reason for a belief helps you guys understand why I feel the way I do.  Believing something just for the hell of it is kind of a shitty way to live life, eh?  So I guess maybe I'll cut back on the blather?
Don't count on it...

Anyway.  Second.  Today I finished reading this book:
Forever: Maggie Stiefvater

This book concludes the Wolves of Mercy Falls series by Maggie Stiefvater, a series that I've been in love with from the very first page of Shiver, book one.

I'm going to try really hard not to give any spoilers because Clare is reading book 2 and I really don't want to ruin it for her, so this is going to be kind of hard.

The tension that begins to rise in the other books continues to rise for the grand majority of this novel as well.  And there's some serious tension in here.  The guitar strings are being tightened until eventually they break.  Every one.  Well... Yeah.  I'm gonna stand by that.

The ending/conclusion of this novel is bittersweet.  I like it, I really do, but it isn't entirely happy.  However, endings are never entirely happy, so therefore I'm kind of glad that it didn't come out perfect.  At the same time, the optimist in me still wishes that things had worked out for the characters for which they didn't.  If you followed that you're in good shape.
I'd have liked to see a little bit more between a couple of the characters, though I totally understand that it wasn't their story.  Nonetheless.

Something else kind of exciting!:
Lookit lookit!! A movie poster for Shiver!!  With Emma Watson!! Which means it couldn't be too terrible, right?  If Emma's in it?  Don't ruin my hopes and dreams.

Anyway.  That's exciting.  Definitely going to that in the theater--and I know who I'm bringing with meeee! Hopefully.  With any luck.

I'M SO EXCITED!!!!! =D

I mean, nah.  It'll be okay. *sniff* Whatever. lol


 Aaaaaaanyway.

Okay... So... Yeah I forgot what I was intending to talk about.  Soooooo I'ma go.  Kay?  Kay.

Byyyyye!
--Emily Renae

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say about this? Say it!