Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Wednnnnnnnnesday!

It's weird to try and spell Wednesday like you'd hold it out while saying it because it's spelled weird.  I just noticed that...
I would have posted on Monday and Tuesday while I was in Orlando--I even brought my laptop--but internet at the hotel was $15/day, and I didn't feel like paying it.  And there wasn't time at the convention center while entering cards.  So I just didn't post.  I figured I'd get to it eventually; I just didn't realize that it was going to take me until today.  I kind of (naively) thought that I would be home earlier than I was last night.  Go figure.

So Music Monday.
I'm not really going to talk about what I've been listening to lately becaaauuuse there really isn't anything new.  But I'ma tell you about my musical experiences this weekend.
I participated in a flash mob! With a musical group--much like an adult version of a Glee Club--called SING.  It wasn't as legitimately awesome as a real flash mob since we only sang America for the Nat'l Rural Elec Coop Assoc (NRECA) annual meeting.  but it's all good.
Some country singer by the name of Lee Greenwood sang the national anthem, and some awkward version of the Pledge of Allegiance.  I don't know.  It's not that it sounded like crap, it's just that it was vaguely awkward.  Kinda cool in a way nonetheless.  I guess I just wasn't overly impressed because I don't like country music.  My mom said he used to have a really nice voice but he had to shake his head for his vibrato this weekend.  I don't know.  Apparently he also wrote that Proud to Be an American song, which I didn't know until my roommate told me this weekend.  Whoops.  Oh well.
The SING group was actually good, but they so didn't perform for their demographic--men/women living in mainly rural communities across the nation, in their late 50's-60's.  And they were singing Black Eyed Peas.  What?? I felt kind of bad though because they were really good.  Ah well.  The one guy--I think they said his name was Mike--had one of the most beautiful tenors I've ever heard.  I loved it.

But that's all I've got there.

So now we're on to Tuesday and the important literature for discussion.

I'm actually reading 2 different Laurell K Hamilton novels right now, one from each series.  Ironically enough, I think they're both book 8.  But one is the end of a series and the other is just partway through.  I'm also still trying to plow through Anna Karenina, but so far the only new development is that his farmer friend is in love with his sister-in-law--but I don't think he really is.  I think he's just decided that he should be so he's bound and determined to be.  God these people were weird--and would like to marry her. But that's all I've gotten besides really difficult to pronounce Russian names and mediocre prose.  Tolstoy is not my favorite author.
I have a bunch of books I'ma need to talk about but not tonight just cause I said so, including:
Shiver--Maggie Stiefvater
Linger--Maggie Stiefvater
Infinite Days--Rebecca Maizel
Fat Kid Rules the World--K.L. Going


Blue Moon: Laurell K Hamilton

Apparently Richard (the werewolf) is in jail in Tennessee, acused of rape.  Which is bullshit, because like Anita keeps saying, he's a "friggin boy scout".  Usually that's okay, but sometimes it gets him in trouble.  And he's so hard-headed sometimes.  If he weren't so sweet and sexy and all that I'm not sure I would like him.  But he has just as damn much attitude as she does, so it's difficult to really be too hard on him.  I've only read the first chapter of it so far--on a plane; go figure--so I'm not too certain how it's going to go, but I greatly appreciate Anita and her perspectives (and Laurell's writing style, without a doubt), so it's okay.


Divine Misdemeanors: Laurell K. Hamilton

I may have talked about this book already... I can't even remember.  How dreadfully sad is that?
Anyway. Merry is pregnant and still trying to work.  She's getting these weird cravings and mood swings and she's not terribly impressed by them.  Still having wild sex, though... hahaha. Go figure.  She's still really early though, so it's technically okay.  And they're Fae, so who the hell knows.  I'm not going to make any major comments about it.
There's apparently someone killing Fae in LA which is kinda weird since the mound is in St. Luis...I'm trying really hard not to give out spoilers just in case anybody's trying to actually read this series.  So that's all I can really tell you.  Because the rest of the plot information is too... well, wrought with spoilers.
Sorry.



Post Playlist (courtesy of Pandora Radio):

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say about this? Say it!