Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Nail Polish!

Okay, so I realize that this probably isn't going to be good for me and my professional image--ppffffftthahahhahahahah!!! Professional! HAH! Yeah right!--*cough*--*ahem*--sorry...right...--but I have a thing for nail polish.  And I really mean a thing.  I have tons of the stuff.  Probably more than I could ever conceivably actually use.  Like, I probably have enough nail polish to furnish my entire freshman dorm for the year... If we all painted our nails weekly.

Well......No.  I probably do.

Here's the thing though: I go through color phases.  I went through a dark phase and a neon phase and a black phase (I don't revisit that time in my life very much...).  I don't wear a lot of pink... I always mean to but I get distracted by blues and greens and purples and... you get the idea.  I actually managed to go pink this week, though.

I do not paint my nails weekly.  I tried to do that once and it just didn't work out.  I decided that it wasn't worth the necessary time and effort to remove all the nail polish, repaint, and then sit and do nothing while they dry.  I'm not good at "sit and do nothing".  Really.  I just painted my nails like, 20 minutes ago, and I'm blogging.

That, my friends, is what top coat is for!  hahaha.  It dries fast and it makes your otherwise flat nail polish look really shiny and pretty.  Not that all nail polish has a matte finish.  Those are kind of interesting, actually.  I like them, but I only have a couple.  I'm usually after a shiny finish, anyway.

I have decided that I particularly like Sally Hansen Insta-Dri because it literally dries in like, 4 minutes.  I mean, you can't put it on too thick in place of thinner layers, but still.  (When you put on one super-thick layer, it smudges.  Like, the polish just pushes around and stuff.  It's really annoying.)  It's great.  I only have dark colors in it though... Not sure why...

(>>8 hours elapse for my shift at work>>)
Anyway.  Something that really bugs me about nail polish is when it refuses to stick to the surface of my nail.  Like... the polish I put on this morning... when I started writing this... Work was really hard on it... But it for real just flaked off!  It's like... half-gone on some nails! GAH!  I hate that.  Really.  Now I have to repaint my fingernails.  Again.  Today.  Erg.  Talk about frustrating.

I'ma base coat this time. =/

Sooooooo that's my story and I'm stickin to it! =P  And that's all I've got.  I could probably continue, but I'll spare you.  Ta ta.

--Emily Renae

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say about this? Say it!