Thursday, July 21, 2011

Post Filled with Awesome

Okay, so one of my friends and a very faithful reader named Clare is basically one of the definitions of awesome.  I talked about her awhile back in a blog post becaaauuuuse she makes me happy. (= haha

This is my beautiful Clare:
Look at this beautiful girl.  I mean for real.
Normally I wouldn't make the picture so large that the text is all scrunched up against the edge here, but I just want you to get a good view at my lovely friend.  Because she's the star of this post.
There's something about this picture that I just love to pieces.  I think it's a combination of the attitude that exudes from her every pore, her super cute shirt, cool necklace--is the rose carved from jade?--and... the look in her eyes mirrored in the set of her mouth.  The way the light graces her skin aids in the appeal.  And I love that hat.  God, I wish I could pull off a hat.
I'm not in love... I swear...  And that's not a cover-up.

I should move on before I make a fool of myself.  (It's probably too late but I'll try to maintain at least a little of my dignity.)

Anyway.

Clare was just recently at LeakyCon in Orlando, Florida.  For anyone who doesn't know what that is, it was like a big epic nerdfest of geektastic proportions where famous young adult authors ('young adult' being the genre... not the age of the authors...)... talk and stuff? I don't know, I wasn't there.  But there were also Wrock bands (Wizard Rock; bands that write music about Harry Potter.  It's totally freaking awesome don't look at me like that) and stuff like that.  So basically it was epic and I really really REALLY wish I could've been there.  But I wasn't.  But Clare was!  Which makes her totally spectacularly cool.

Anyway.  So Clare knits.  And not like, boring old lady knitting. Oh no.  She knits awesometastic stuff.  Like giraffe puppets. Puppy-sized elephants.  And an owl!!
The above listed pictured here.

Also! The giraffe puppets were given to Hank Green, and appeared on this video today, which is totally freaking amazing and awesome and I seriously just cannot stop giggling about it when I think of it. hahaha

I had to post a link to this video because blogger is dumb and won't let me use the URL to actually put it in my blog. meh.  But you should definitely go watch it.  Because Clare's giraffe puppets are in it.  And that's just downright awesome.

More things that Clare has made include:
 A super cute snowman family. (=
 Incredibly adorable animals--each of whom have names. I only recall the pig's at the moment.  It's Gertrude. (= hahahaa
And another totally awesome owl!  I love it.  hahaha.  Absolutely truly 100% love it.




Uhm... So when I was at work today... I was totally thinking about whether or not the puppets would be in Hank's next video, and I came up with this totally awesome conversation thingy from Clare's point of view that was absolutely hilarious.  (Writing can form some interesting habits; just go with it.)  It's just an if-I-was-Clare-this-would-be-my-thoughts/reaction/story kinda thing.  But now I can't remember all of it! Gah!  )=  And it was really funny, too.  I knew I should've written it down. =/

Stupid stupid....  This was going to be really funny, too.

Sigh... Now I'm all sad because I told Clare that it was going to be totally fabulous and now it's just lame.  Because my memory sucks ass lately.  If I come up with it again, I'll be sure to post it.
Actually, come to think of it, no I'm sure I won't.  Sorry.  But I'm only trying to be honest.  Don't want to get your hopes up just to slowly crush them.  I wouldn't want to do that to you.

Anyway.  I guess I just managed to totally throw Clare out there and like, advertise her.  So all y'all people in the Fargo area, this is what's going to grace your presence for the next several months, rockin your college and stuff.  Treat her nicely.  You'll love her; it won't be a problem. (=

K thanx bai. lol

Ta ta!
--Emily

Oh.  PS.  She's gonna kill me for posting this but I really just can't resist:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say about this? Say it!