Friday, July 15, 2011

Thoughts for 4:30 am

I went to the Harry Potter midnight premier hopped up on an energy drink I didn't think was going to do anything for me.  Only SURPRISE! EMILY'S FREAKIN WIRED!  Well, not anymore. A little, but not like I was earlier.  I'll be able to sleep once I spew a few thoughts.  I do this.

First off, I was just thinking.  I want a guy who knows who his is right now.  I don't care if he doesn't even really know who he was before or who he'll be later--even who he wants to be because dammit we're too young to plan out our whole lives--but today, right now, knows who he is and what he's about.  Because when you know who you are right now, the rest just comes to you.  Because you can take/handle just about anything with someone you love at your side.  Not that I'm saying I'm expecting to find love in every relationship I'll have in college, because that would be bloody ridiculous.  I'm just saying.  Who you are today is what shapes your view of your past and your expectations of the future.  Allow yourself to grow and move forward; don't fear change. Embrace it.
I sound like a motivational speaker, but I'm serious.

Second of all, now that Harry Potter is over--and I really mean over.  Like, totally, 100% complete.  That's it, there is no more--OVER over--I feel as if a huge huge portion of my childhood has just ended.  Scrolled shut with the credits of the movie.  I grew up with these kids, these stories, all this magic and mystery and strife.  It's been there since I was in very early grade school.  And now it's all over, just like that.  It leaves a sorrowful taste in my mouth, I will admit, but still, the end is sweet.  Because it means that I must be an adult now.  I've moved on from one thing that has been constant since single-digit ages into a world with its own strife, mysteries and magics.  I've become my own mystery with my own magic, my own strife, my own battles of conscience and society to fight for and against.

Lastly... I'm going to quote myself now because I rather like this and I would like to be on a quote website someday when I'm famous (for ambiguous reasons at the moment): "The arms of a close friend form a castle far better than any stones ever could."

That's all I have for now.  It's been a really long day.  I'll get back to you later.

Ta ta.
--Emily Renae

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say about this? Say it!