Friday, July 15, 2011

The Rest of the Story

In continuation of my post from 4:30 this morning...

In reference to wanting someone who knows who he is at present, that's not a requirement, simply a desire.  It's hard to have all that's inside of you sifted through and sorted enough to understand the nuances of your personality.  It takes a lot to be able to admit to yourself that you have all kinds of issues, be they anger management, depression, phobias, complexes, obsessions, et cetera, but it takes just as much to be able to realize that you're not the only one with issues and they make you who you are.  Understanding that no one can respect a person that doesn't respect themselves and that disliking yourself won't get you anywhere isn't something that everyone can manage.
I understand that I have a plethora of psychological problems, including a complex, OCD, a severe level of emotional instability, and maybe a phobia. (Not a serious phobia, but still.)  I'm not going to get into my problems because then this post becomes a pity party and that's not what I'm aiming for.  But being aware of your faults and how to cope with them--even if you aren't getting professional help, being self-aware is enough to keep yourself sane and normal--the standard for yourself, not others.
I guess self-actualization, self-awareness, et cetera, are things that we should aspire to.  I like to think I know who I am, even though simultaneously, I'm sure I haven't a clue.  A big thing is understanding that you are a complex creature and will be different tomorrow from who you are today.  Because today, you're different from who you were yesterday.  Even in just the minutest of ways.
Yes, I would like him to know himself.  Today.  Right now.  Because who he is might change by the end of the day.  And that's okay.  Do I need him to know himself?  No, not really.  It's just nice.  And I definitely don't need him to talk about it because it's not really something that can be easily put into words.  The relationships we have with our own psyches are convoluted matters and I don't pretend to understand them.  I'm just a kid from the country, trying to break through.

In regard to Harry Potter...

Nah.  I've already said what I wished to say about it.  I'm good.  I'm not going to start getting into the movie because there's really no point. Plus, Entertainment Weekly would cry at my version of a movie review because they're all pompous bastards about it and give shitty reviews to great movies and great reviews to shitty movies.  I don't put any stock into them.  EW is more than an abbreviation sometimes.  Just sayin.

Anyway. Now that I've expanded on that... I don't want to be up. But I can't go  back to sleep because I have to get ready for work in half an hour.  Ugghhh.  Whiney whiney crabby crabby blah blah blah.  Okay I'm done.  And I'ma gonna go.

So ta ta!

--Emily Renae

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say about this? Say it!