Tuesday, September 29, 2009

AAAAAAAAACKK!!!

Goodness sakes, It's almost been a whole week since I've posted anything!  My sincerest apologies.  (Not that anyone cares, but still.)  I meant to post something over the weekend, but a new development in the health of my tendons greatly diminished my list of weekend activities, as well as working for eight hours both days and helping with an event an organization I'm an officer of.... If that made any sense at all, I'm stunned...

ANYWAY!  It's Tuesday...and I'm kinda thinking this whole introducing a public figure thing isn't gonna work so very well...  I don't know... I never know who to talk about...  So I'll ramble a little, since I'm so good at it.

This week at school is homecoming week.  I should've taken pictures the last couple of days of my outfits, but I haven't.  Yesterday was pajama day, and today was 80s!  Today was rather fun.  Side-ponies and everything!  Ohh, sometimes, to be honest, I wish we still dressed like that.  It's so fun and random!  And, I guess I don't think it necessarily all looks SO ridiculous... Okay, it's pretty damn ridiculous, but so is a lot of what we wear NOW.
I mean, really?  The pants that girls wear, myself included, are so terribly unflattering to anyone who wears more than a size 2, maybe 4.  They stop halfway up the curve of our hips, so no matter what you do, you've got muffin-top, and that's icky.  And then our shirts are skin tight and necklines continue to plunge and hems continue to rise.... Okay, tell me something: Why, in the era of overweight people as a majority, are we going back to the form-fitting designs that DO NOT WORK on fat people?  Now, I'm a size 8--usually--and I'm not going to deny that I weigh a bit more than necessary, and I've got some baggage.  If I wanted to, I could slim down the rest of the way, but...can't seem to find the motivation.  Fine.  So I wear pants that come higher--and the other thing is that hip-huggers are CONSTANTLY falling down.  I HATE pulling my pants up all the time!--but still below my belly button, and they provide better shape for me.  I suddenly don't look like I weigh 30 extra pounds--I don't really; I'm not that overweight--and I actually feel better about myself.
The other thing I really don't get is why we all pay to be billboards for some company.  Aero, Abercrombie, Fox, Hollister, and Am. Eagle--and Roxy--are probably the worst around here where I live.  Everything they put out has their name plastered across at least the majority of the garment.  I don't get it!  Oh well, whatever.

And why is denim so fucking expensive?  $30 for a pair of jeans, and that's cheap!?  What the hell?  I'm sorry; I love jeans, but they're not worth any $40.  It's just denim.  Really, people.

$120 sunglasses...Um, okay?  Why?  Put them on and they're......just sunglasses.  You can get the exact same pair with a different name for like, $15, or $20.  Ooohhh.... I bought mine for $10.  At that rate, I can afford a new pair of sunglasses periodically.

I don't know anymore.  I think everything's ridiculous.  Even what I buy is still somewhat ridiculous, but I can't help it.  It's what's available, after all.  Oh, how I miss the days of better clothing.

Do you remember the bleach-your-jeans era?  I was mid grade school.  All of a sudden, there were random bleach patterns EVERYWHERE.  I also remember the checkered ones, that had seams on the outside for every square?  haha....those were amusing.  I think someone in my class had a pair... but I only vaguely remember all the way back then, haha.  Actually, I remember most things surprisingly well from my childhood.  It's what I ate for lunch--or if I did at all--that I have trouble with.
I'm only sort of kidding...

But I'm gonna go to bed now.  BEcause I'm tired.  I realize it's only 20 to 11, but I'm still tired.  So there.  And I have work tomorrow.  =[  I suddenly really don't wanna.....oh well.  I'm quitting shortly anyway, with any luck.  Cross your fingers for me.

Until next time, with love,
--Emily
~~xoxo~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say about this? Say it!