Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Introduction Tuesday

umm.... Jeffree Star!



Jeffree Star is a...mm... Well, he's a musical artist, model, makeup artist and hair stylist...hm, what else?  Oh. He's flaming gay...if you can't tell.
He grew up in California, and started wearing his mom's clothes in high school and sneaking out to clubs and stuff to see celebrities and do their hair and makeup and the like.
I watched a video he put on Buzznet once about how he'd almost won prom queen in high school, but lost because apparently someone was intensely uncomfortable with it.  (Sorry, Jeffrey, you're pretty, but I might've felt a smidge awkward, too.)
He's incredibly gay.  But he's also incredibly lovely--in my opinion, which may seem twisted.  However, you can't deny that the man has beautiful bone structure, incredible eyes, and really nice skin.  And his voice is nice, too.  Kind of a....a.... this sounds dumb, but his voice is kind of like, hot pink.  Bright, hot, excited, but still smooth; can have a sharp quality to it sometimes, I guess.  Anyway, his hair's been every color under the sun, I've come to understand, although I've mostly only seen pictures of him platinum blonde, hot pink, or, recently, creamsicle orange with hot pink "peekaboo"--underneath layer... (My hairstylist friend called it that one time. I don't know.)  Shown above.  He's also really glamorous, haha, imagine that, right?
So anyway, the guy gets out there and starts--seemingly randomly--recording songs and EPs and throwing them out there and stuff, making a name for himself--and scaring people, I think...  Finally in 08, he released Cupcakes Taste Like Violence EP and now, TODAY, he released his FULL LENGTH ALBUM Beauty Killer!!  Can you tell I'm excited?  I'm fucking pumped.  I NEED to get somewhere where I can get a hold of that thing.  Swear to God....ugh.


Anyway.  Umm.....so yeah.  The guy's actually really intelligent for all he's cocky and show-offy and stuff.  He's quite insightful.  There's more to him than just multi-colored hair and lots of makeup.  He can be pretty overbearing sometimes>>for example, starting biographies on websites with "One time God told me it was unhealthy to be so popular.  That's probably why I'm sick all the time">>but I think it's all part of the package.
He wrote a blog once about makeup, and it's really true, and I love how he addressed the issue.  Not that makeup's an issue or anything, but....you'd have to read it.  He's a really powerful speaker, and he's good at communicating thoughts and ideas; it's just whether or not you're willing to accept them.

So that's my celebrity for the week!  I didn't post yesterday not because I forgot, but because I just didn't wanna.  So I didn't.  So there.  Stick that in your juice box and suck it!  But never mind, haha.  I shouldn't be so rude.... =]  I love you!

Until next time, with love,
--Emily
~xoxo~


(no playlist, but Punk Bitch by 3Oh!3 has been playing in my head the entire time...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say about this? Say it!