Friday, September 18, 2009

Whoopsie!

I just realized that I missed yesterday's post as I glanced at the clock and realized I had 36 minutes to write this one.  My bad.  This hasn't been a great week, has it? haha.  Sorry.

So I talk about something I'm writing on Thursdays...

I'm writing this story that I call "A Second Chance (Or Two)" about a girl who lives in Bloomington, Minnesota... but she goes to school in Eden Prairie.  (Which I just now decided, but never mind.)  Anyway, she's incredibly frustrated with her entire situation, because she doesn't want to still be going to school in Eden Prairie, and she doesn't want to be tutoring someone every single day of the week.  When the story picks up, she's getting another student.  A "study buddy" of sorts.  Because he just doesn't feel like doing his homework.  She's pissed, by the way.
So anyway, she's only going to school there for the remainder of the week that this guy gets assigned to her, and then she transfers to Kennedy in Bloomington (which I chose because my best friend just moved there...just saying...).  Frank--newest tutor student--isn't terribly pleased, as he was trying his damnedest to make friends with the bitchy girl who wasn't friends with anyone.  Only then, her last day, she's nice, and he just really doesn't know how to take it.
The dilemma comes in here: Friday night, Saundra goes home, and she ends up driving Frank to his cousin's, who's actually her next-door-neighbor.  Go figure.  So anyway, they invite her to this show in this club downtown--that they're not technically supposed to be in--and she goes because, after all, why the hell not?
They keep giving her drinks, so she drinks them, even though she knows better, but she just doesn't care.  She ends up bumping into the vocalist for the band she went to see--only she doesn't know it's him because she's kind of drunk--and he takes her home.
THIS is where dilemma comes in: I haven't decided if I'm going to have her feel like a complete retard for going out and partying and then getting together with Damon (vocalist) OR if she decides that it was a shitload of fun and so she starts doing the partying thing.... from there, after about two weeks, she would decide that the whole rebel thing just didn't matter anymore and she wasn't enjoying herself, at which point she seeks the help of Damon, and then they'd get together. 
I'm not positive what I'm going to do, but I'm writing both paths at this point.  First draft I took the first path; second draft is going to branch.  I'm going to write both, but the latter idea in a different place, just to see how things go.  If it proves to be too much trouble, I'll stick with idea 1.  But if it proves to be more interesting--when I write it--then I'll go with idea 2.  We'll see.
I don't really know how to end it.  All I know is that there's conflict with Saundra and Damon and Frank in various directions and then Saundra's keeping secrets about her late father... but I've yet to decide what precisely the exact secret(s) is/are.  So we'll see.

Eventually, one day, I shall be in print! I swear to it.

Until next time, with love,
--Emily
~xoxo~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say about this? Say it!