Monday, September 14, 2009

Music Monday!!

Well, hello again.  I realize that it says I've made two posts today, but it was only because I didn't make yesterday's before midnight.  Damn.  Oh well; now I'm on the other side of my 5 hours of sleep, making it Monday.  C=  Anyway, on to the discussion of music.

Last week I talked to you about AFI and, if I recall correctly, Blaqk Audio--because they're the same people, after all.  So this week, I shall move on to a new obsession: All Time Low

All Time Low started in Baltimore, Maryland in '03, with members Alex Gaskarth (lead vocals/guitar), Jack Barakat (guitar), Rian Dawson (bass), and Zack Merrick (drums).  The name of their band came from a line of a New Found Glory song, Head On Collision.  (Since I know that song, I can tell you that the line was "And it feels like I'm at an all time low..." and then the song proceeds into the chorus.
The band started out doing covers of other punk bands and then put out their first studio album in '05.  The next came out in '07, and their newest, Nothing Personal, just came out this year in '09.  I have both Nothing Personal and So Wrong, It's Right, their '07 album.  I love them both. I'm so stuck on them both, I even got a bronze listening award from my Zune software..for like, two weeks!  Anyway.
I think they're great.  Alex has an incredible voice, and the actual music is really, really good.  And it's so much fun!  When I bought Nothing Personal, I didn't actually know that it was the new one--because I didn't know anything about them, other than that I liked "Remembering Sunday," the song that was on my Take Action Vol. VIII CD--until I got home and looked them up on Myspace to find that their page said it was coming out...in 2 days?  So I was confused, but I went with it.  So then as soon as I could possibly, I went and bought So Wrong, It's Right, and I'm still after The Party Scene--and whatever else I can find by them.
Anyway.  There's so much fan fiction on Quizilla--a website that, for whatever reason, I still use after discovering it in like, 5th grade...--about the members of this band that it's rather ridiculous. I almost said that it was "on the verge of" but no, it's well into the realm of.
So yeah... I've gathered that they attended a Dulaney High School, but that could just be people assuming stuff.  I think, though, judging by everything I've found around, that they did.  As if it matters, right?  I totally hear you.
They were the cover article in one of my APs, though.  A full (I think) 4 page article on them.  I...think I read it.... I'm pretty sure I did, but that was when I didn't know them and didn't really care.  Now that's not the case, so maybe I'll go back and reread it.  (I keep all of my Alt. Presses.  Because I love them.  I'm actually missing at least one.  My family didn't give it to me, and then probably threw it away.  >=S  That makes me unhappy.)

But yeah.  Just saying?  Gaskarth is really effing hot.  And Barakat's pretty cute, too.  But Gaskarth is hotter.  By far.  I was watching ATL videos on YouTube the other day, and practically melting at certain points during the videos when they focused on his face and he got that super cute little grin on his face... [le sigh...] [shakes head] Sorry.  Drifting again.  Haha.  That really has nothing to do with why I like the band, though.  Not going to lie, it makes it that much sweeter, but I'd like them regardless.  I like BuckCherry and Seether, and Shinedown, and none of them have cute members.  It's got nothing to do with anyone.  In fact, I find it amusing when girls--or guys, for that matter--like a band because someone in it is hot.  That's not liking a band, that's thinking someone's hot.  That's so dumb.  Like a band for its music; not the physical state of its members.  Oh well; whatever.  Think what you want; you've already made up your mind, just as I've made up mine.
So with that, my Music Monday spiel on All Time Low is at a close.

Until next time, with love,
--Emily
~xoxo~


blog playlist (courtesy of www.jango.com --because I used headphones tonight!):
Bulls in Brooklyn--The Academy Is...
This is Who We Are--Cartel
Freak Out--Avril Lavigne (I don't recall the song I'm listening to actually having that name, but okay...)
Hello Seattle--Owl City
All You Wanted--Michelle Branch (I love this song; I'm fighting the desire to sing along with it....it's hard.)
Play Dead--HIM
Love with a Motive--The Audition
The Best--Cartel
Be My Escape [Acoustic]--Reliant K

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say about this? Say it!