Wednesday, September 23, 2009

It's Wednesday!

...What's Wednesday mean?  I completely just forgot... music monday, intro tuesday.... fucker... [storms out to check, grumbling]  BOOKS!!  That's it.  I forgot, obviously.  Whoops. My bad.

So I finished How I Became Stupid, and I liked the ending a whole lot.  It was quite amusing, as a matter of fact... although it did seem a little unfinished.  I think I give it....4.3 stars. (Of 5, obviously.)
Still reading Mistral's Kiss, but I'm almost done with it.
Deathwish is still just kinda sitting in the pile of stuff I carry everywhere...waiting for me to get to it.  Sorry, Cal; I'll read you eventually.

Today I think I'll talk about Generation Dead, and the sequel, A Kiss of Death--which I haven't finished yet, obviously.  Generation dead is about how all of a sudden, teenagers are dying...but not really.  They're coming back as zombies--ahem, my bad, "living impaired."--and some of them function quite well, others hardly at all.  They talk slow, have monotone-voices, and are, of course, quite pale.  However.  Anyway, there's a lot of controversy over the whole dead-kid issue thing and whether they were now citizens or not or whatever.  Some of them don't want to be with "the beating-hearts" and some of them do.  It's hard to really describe.  Regardless, the plot and writing style make it a really intense read, keeping you on pins and needles page after page until you've burned through the whole thing and you're left sitting there going, "Hey, hang on a minute!"
So then you get your hand on the sequel, A Kiss of Life.  And the intensity hasn't dropped at all.  It's still pins and needles through this thing--it's a wonder I got it put down, haha.  I guarantee, it'll be the first I pick up when I need another book.

So that's it for the week!  Short, I know.  I'm sorry.

Until next time, with love,
--Emily
~~xoxo~~

(sorry; no playlist again.  I've taken to writing these at night when it's unavailable.  I'll try to change it up one of these days and give you some music again.  kay?  ^.^ loves!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say about this? Say it!