Sunday, September 20, 2009

Only a Poem

I've only got a poem for you tonight, because I don't really have much to say.


Darkness
~Emi Renae

Why does the darkness always look
      so far away,
but when you look around it’s
      right beside you?
      Around you…
      in you?
Always within arm’s reach, but
      unobtainable.
      Impossible to find.
My life is shrouded in darkness.
      Darkness of uncertainty
      darkness of doubt
      darkness of pain…
      of unhappiness…
      of fear.
There are lights in the Darkness,
      meant to push that Darkness away
But it seems I’m good at flinging
      light behind me
      to feel my way alone…
It is the nature of things,
      to undergo this darkness of life.
But they say it is always darkest just
      before the dawn…
So some day…when the time is right…
      Dawn will come.
And life will be light.
But until that day, it is
      the lanterns,
      the flashlights
      the help along the way that really matters.



Until next time, with love,
--Emily
~xoxo~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say about this? Say it!