Monday, September 14, 2009

Dammit! I Missed Sunday!

Okay, so I had work until 11, and I didn't get home until about half an hour ago, and then I had to shower and stuff, so it's now technically Monday as I'm writing Sunday's post.  This one will be short, though, because I have to get up at 6:30 in the morning, and less than 6 hours of sleep is always a pain in the ass.

Work was just fine.  My manager poked fun at me for something that happened 2 weeks ago and caused major drama... but never mind.  I might tell you later sometime.  We'll see.  This guy that I work with, Cody, is a huge goofball.  I don't know about him...
But he's taking the train back to Washington in the morning because his sister got hit by a car--drunk driver--like, a week or two ago, and she just died apparently.  So he's going back for her funeral, and I guess his dad is AWOL.  They can't find him.  Nobody's seen him since he got the news, I guess, so....who knows?  I feel kind of bad for the guy, though.  He hasn't had it easy ever in his life...

Anyway, so I get off of work at just after 11, right?  And I walk out with my boombox in tow, and past this white pickup with these two guys in it, and the guy in the passenger seat is staring at me. And I wasn't even singing (as per usual) or anything!  So I looked at him, and then turned forward again, but I could tell in my peripheral vision that he was still watching me, right?
So I get into my car, and I was getting situated and everything, and the guy in the passenger seat fricken gets out and starts walking toward my car!!  I was like, uh oh...  I rolled down my window partway, prepared to be hit on--what the hell else would happen?--and he grabs a hold of my car door around the window, leans toward the window, almost until he's leaning into the car, and says, "So we were wondering if you knew of any parties going on tonight?"  And I'm thinking, dude, are you serious?
So I told him: "No.  The only people I know of that would be partying aren't because there's school in the morning.........But there are a handful of bars in town; you could go there."
And he's giving me this look, like...you know the look that guys get when they're thinking about what they'd do to you if they could just get you drunk enough to say yes?  Well, the look he was giving me was damn similar...scarily similar, actually.  Anyway.  So he shifts on his feet and gets closer, and he's like, "So what are you doing tonight?"
Are you kidding me?  Are you fucking kidding me?  I'm thinking, right?  And all I can focus on are his quarter inch, maybe three-eighths inch gauges and my immediate withdrawal, because I'm leaning as far away from teh guy as I can without being conspicuous about it and all.  He wasn't really even that cute...just saying.  So anyway, I told him I'm going home.  And he repeated me incredulously, like he couldn't believe I would shoot down that obvious invitation--but I have SCHOOL in the morning! Hello!!--and nodded and then finally walked away.

So I started Coming Undone by Korn blasting out of my car speakers with the window down on my way out of the parking lot.  He stared at me again.  Go figure.  (That was actually kind of the point, that time.)

I suppose realistically it wasn't much of a big deal at all, but it was by far the most interesting event of the weekend.  And he wasn't even drunk!!  Sad, isn't it?  Oi.  What's that say about my weekend that that was the most interesting event?  Ah well; so it goes.  Maybe next weekend shall be better.

Until next time, with love,
--Emily
~xoxo~

(No playlist, because I'm supposed to be sleeping...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say about this? Say it!