Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Introduction Tuesday


I actually had to go back to blog 1 and find out what the heck I was supposed to talk about on Tuesdays, haha, and then I was going to title it "Celebrity Tuesday" but decided that was dumb... not that Introduction Tuesday is much better, but c'est la vi. (French: "Such is life.")

Anyway.... today, I think I'll talk to you about my idol--because I hate it when people call them heroes--David "Davey" Anthony Passaro Marchand "Havok"--Davey Havok for short. I used to know way more about him than I do now, partly because I quit caring as much, and partly because I realized how creepy stalkery it really was. Anyway. I know he was born on the east coast--I want to say Pennsylvania, but maybe New York; too lazy to look--and when he was seven, his dad died. His mom remarried and they moved across the country to California, where he went to school and then a year of college, double-majoring in English and psychology before he dropped out. (Which I actually find highly amusing, because the guy can't spell for shit.) He started singing into a wooden spoon at a family reunion when he was three. AFI started when he was in high school--I want to say age 15...--and was based on the fact that Davey could sing...because none of the others could play an instrument. And they picked up from there. (I have to say they did a damn nice job for kids who couldn't play.)
He's vegan, and he's straight-edge. He's been both since high school. I don't agree with his dietary decision, nor really his reason for being that way, but I respect his decision and that he sticks to it. Straight-edge is a term used for people who don't smoke, drink, or do drugs. At all. Ever. Period. Some of them go so far as to not even drink coffee, or use pain meds, or....shit, eat chocolate! (He doesn't go that far.) Up until recently, he had inspired me to be that way, but that's a story for another time.
I love the way he writes. He writes all of the lyrics (except for a few on Answer That and Stay Fashionable) for all the songs the band writes. Davey writes ambiguously, so that the direct meaning of a song will change with who you are, the mood you're in, your life experiences, and what you want to take out of that song, but they're still somehow specific. They can channel an emotion, and that emotion just builds. And he has an incredible way with words. (I have respect for anyone who can use words like "amaranth," "exquisite," "monolithic," "banality," and "disassociate." (I looked for the best one, but couldn't remember what song it was in and couldn't find it. sorry.))
The guy's also gorgeous, I won't deny it. I mean, some people--like my mom, for example--think he's creepy or disgusting (that's my mom) or just plain psycho or something. Probably gay. I think he's hot. Not as much as I used to, granted, but still. He's beautiful. Incredible facial structure...and beautiful eyes. Oh my God, that man has the most beautiful brown eyes I've ever seen in my life... ugh... Anyway. Ahem... As I was saying... He also has this incredible voice... I just love it. I see voices in color, and his is...well, maybe I'll leave that for another time. That requires explanation I don't have time for. I've only got 23 minutes until it's not Tuesday anymore. I'm hurrying...

Anyway. Basically, the guy's my idol for being so different in an industry where everything's thrown together. He doesn't drink or touch drugs or smoke--and in his case, he can be a rock star without consulting Nickelback's repertoire of conditions involved--he's highly intelligent, incredibly talented, and beautiful. What more could you ask for?


Until next time, with love,
--Emily
~~xoxo~~

(Tuesday doesn't have a tracklist because I typed it in bed when I was supposed to be sleeping because I have standardized testing in the morning. Yay me. Ugh...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say about this? Say it!